Men and women of the Royal Navy and Royal Marines serve their country, often at times of danger. Established in 1922, the RNBT helps non commissioned Sailors, Marines and their families (The RNBT Family) throughout their lives. Your donation will help us to help them.
RNBT gives help, in cases of need, to serving and former Royal Naval ratings and Royal Marines other ranks, which includes Reservists. We also help their partners, children and some others connected with them. Our beneficiaries are known collectively as The RNBT Family. Our vision is:
‘For the RNBT Family to receive the support necessary to alleviate hardship and to live with dignity’
The RNBT makes grants to meet a wide range of needs including food, clothing, rent, home repairs, medical needs, respite breaks, mobility aids and much more. Last year we helped 2,906 cases. Here are some examples:
- 58 grants totalling £45,026 were made for riser/recliner chairs
- 120 grants totalling £88,406 were made for Electrically Propelled Vehicles
- 26 grants totalling £19,480 were made for stair-lifts
- 240 grants for medical equipment worth £183,180
- 113 serving personnel and their dependants received grants of £78,931
- 109 Falklands Veterans and their dependants received grants of £82,311
We also support independent living by regular charitable payments worth £980,000. We can give grants towards the cost of domiciliary care, and care home top-up fees.
Address: The Royal Naval Benevolent Trust
311 Twyford Avenue