Ambulance Technician Training Course – Wakefield
The Heart Medical Ambulance Technician Pathway is based around the Level 5 Diploma in First Response Emergency and Urgent Care. This pathway combines the qualifications required for those hoping to gain employment as an Ambulance Technician and/or progress to Paramedic.
This pathway consists of nationally recognised Ofqual regulation qualification and is exclusively offered by Heart Medical. The pathway offers a blend of learning programmes and certificates so that you are suitably prepared to take up work in the pre-hospital environment as soon as you are awarded your qualification.
This intensive course is 10 weeks in length. Comprising of :
- 380 hours of guided learning;
- 200 hours of non-guided learning time plus dedicated revision and assessment time;
- 70 hours in project and assignment time
Learners must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the training, have access to, and be able to evidence, 750 hrs worth of clinical practice.
There are no other formal entry requirements. However, we also advise that learners should, in order to access employment post completion:
- Hold a Level 2 Qualification in literacy and numeracy
- A full UK driving licence, with no more than 6 penalty points, ideally with category C1
- Have a least 6 months experience of working within a public sector, care or customer focused environment.
Successful learners will gain the knowledge, skills and competences needed to be able to assess and manage a range of prehospital care situations, such as: managing a patient’s airways, catastrophic bleeding, medical emergencies, major incidents, fracture immobilisation, sick and injured children, mental health, acute conditions, end of life care, post incident management, childbirth and many more.
Successful learners may be applicable for employment with Heart Medical on frontline 999 and urgent care contracts. This employment is subject to successful interview and background checks.
This qualification may be used towards other clinical qualifications at the same and higher levels and can be used as a springboard in to a HCPC approved paramedic programme.
FREC5 may be used as entry to Paramedic Science at year 2.
We currently offer this course as a non-residential, 10 week programme. However residential options may be available on request.
You will be taught by registered Qualsafe Trainers. All of the trainers for this course are current or former frontline paramedics.
Once achieved, the qualification of FREC5 is valid while the Learner maintains a CPD portfolio and holds a valid Immediate Life Support qualification. All other qualifications are valid for a period of 3 years and can be refreshed with revalidation courses.
- Level 2 Safeguarding
- Level 2 Infection, Prevention & Control
- Level 2 Moving People Safely
- Level 2 Equality, Inclusiveness & Diversity
- NHS Care Certificate
- Level 3 First Response Emergency Care
- Level 4 First Response Emergency Care
- Level 5 First Response Emergency & Urgent Care
- JESIP Major Incident Operational Ambulance Staff Training
- Dedicated Trainer & Mentor
- Online CPD & Portfolio access
- Placements to gain clinical evidence
- Employment Opportunities
- Springboard in to a HCPC approved paramedic programme
Apply via: firstname.lastname@example.org