Closing Date: 17th September 2021
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,300 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume.
The role will primarily be based at Erith, but also working at other places as and when required, the ships agency department provides a 24 hour, 7 days a week service to vessels, owners, charterers and brokers and acts as a conduit between terminals and receivers.
Duties of the role include:
- Check vessel positions
- Keep all concerned parties updated
- Order pilots, boatmen and tugs
- Board Vessels
- Arrange all necessary import/export documentation for vessels
- Arrange any services required by vessels during their port stay
- Pay vessel light dues to Trinity House via ALDIS system
- Keep all vessel statistical records updated via MSD1 declarations
- Update National Single Window with arrival and departure details for vessels
- Send all port call documentation to owners after departure of vessel
- Prepare and send proforma/final disbursement accounts to vessel owners
- Understand and observe all health and safety requirements on the sites where we operate
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (subject to shift pattern)
- Internal training and Safety Passport Training/ On-going training and assessments
- Sick pay scheme/Cycle to work scheme
- Full uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution)
The successful candidate will be confident, reliable and have the ability to communicate at all levels with a wide range of individuals. In addition to this, they should have the ability to produce and maintain accurate paperwork and be confident in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel. A flexible approach to working hours is also essential as regular out of hours attendance will be required. Experience of working within a positive health and safety culture is also preferable, along with good time management and the ability to prioritise work.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: Friday 17th September 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.