Heavy Plant Fitter/Senior Mechanic with Thomann-Hanry
The world leading façade cleaning experts
Thomann-Hanry carries out painting, restoration and cleaning to the finest residential and commercial properties in London – more than half of projects are on listed buildings such as the ‘National Gallery’ and the ‘Bank of England’.
We are seeking a suitably experienced plant fitter/engineer to join our team and take sole responsibility for undertaking routine maintenance and major re-fits of heavy plant, vehicles, platforms and equipment.
You must have a background in heavy plant fitting and ideally construction. You must be used to working in a standalone capacity and also onsite where necessary. Issues should be dealt with in a timely and accurate manner to ensure downtime for machines is kept to a minimum. You will be a proactive and diligent worker when it comes to issues and problems and must be flexible and adaptable in your approaches to work.
Whilst an exceptional standard of work is expected it is important to us that candidates have excellent communication skills to deal with clients, as well as the ability to work with colleagues across all levels and drive standards from within Thomann-Hanry.
- Servicing of various plant and machinery
- Preventative maintenance
- Carrying out PDI’s of machinery to ensure it meets our high standards before going out
- Reactively responding to breakdowns
- Managing and overseeing out-sourced support contracts, maintaining relationships, monitoring outputs and impact whilst ensuring value for the business
- Working alongside the health and safety manager to support office, warehouse and site health and safety, disaster recovery activities and documentation
- Warehouse and depot management
Demonstrable and essential requirements and experience
A minimum 5 years’ experience in in a similar role
HGV Class 1 (C+E)
A professionally recognised qualification in Heavy vehicle/Plant Maintenance and repair (NVQ
Level 2 or 3 or equivalent)
Experience Fault finding in electrical and hydraulic systems
A background in heavy plant fitting
Experience with repairing, servicing and maintaining plant and equipment
Excellent diary management and planning skills
Flexible and adaptive
An excellent communicator at all levels
Evidence of successfully developing services and improvements
Able to build and sustain positive working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the business that generate confidence and respect
- A minimum of 25 days annual leave per annum and Bank Holidays (4 days automatically allocated for closure of Thomann-Hanry offices over Christmas) Annual leave is increased by 1 day for each full year of service at Thomann-Hanry in the first 4 years.
- Group Personal Pension with Scottish Widows (3% Employer Contribution and 5% Employee Contribution)
- Salary and Life Assurance Schemes
- Perk box
Please send CV’s to: Employment@thomann-hanry.co.uk or call: 0208 453 1494
For further information please visit our website: www.thomann-hanry.co.uk
Location: Park Royal, 18 Whitby Avenue, London NW10 7SF
Salary: £40,000 p.a. with annual £5,000 Bonus (based on meeting KPI’s)
Full time: Permanent
To apply for this job email your details to Employment@thomann-hanry.co.uk.