Amazing career opportunties as a UHS Healthcare Assistant
Website University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
Are you compassionate, caring, cheerful and communicative, and looking to grow your career in a world-class teaching hospital? Then this Healthcare Assistant role is definitely for you!
Healthcare Assistants are essential to the everyday care of patients at University Hospital Southampton, so you’ll need to be willing to be hands-on with patients and help them whenever needed. It’s the kind of job where you’ll need to be organised, adaptable, resilient and hardworking, with great prioritisation skills, good observation and the ability to overcome challenges.
If your application is successful, you’ll work under the guidance of a nurse or other healthcare professional on one of our busy wards, but please note this vacancy does not include paediatrics or women and new-born. You’ll start your career with us by following an in-depth induction process that will enable to complete your Care Certificate, find your feet within the organisation, and quickly feel like part of our team.
Your main day-to day duties will include:
- Washing and dressing patients and aiding in their personal care.
- Assisting patients to access and use toilet facilities.
- Serving meals and helping to feed patients.
- Helping patients to safely move around.
- Assisting with bed making, cleaning tasks, errands or general duties
- Collecting pathological specimens e.g., Urine, faeces, sputum.
- Making patients and their families feel comfortable
- Monitoring and reporting patients’ conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respirations and weight measurements.
You don’t need qualifications to work as a Healthcare Assistant, but you DO need to share our values and be ready to learn. So if you’re the kind of person who always puts patients first, is always looking to improve and is a team player, we’d love to hear from you.
Being a Healthcare Assistant at University Hospital Southampton is not just a job – it’s an amazing career opportunity that’s just the beginning of your journey with UHS. Our HCAs receive top industry training and development, with a tailored career programme and amazing links to support nursing or higher healthcare apprenticeships. We lead the way in benefits and too – our HCAs receive:
- A minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata) on appointment.
- Onsite subsidised restaurants, cafes and high-street shops.
- Incremental pay progression with structured reviews and continued professional development.
- Access to national and local NHS discounts including popular high street and online retailers.
- Great transport links and a close to city centre location.
- Fantastic emotional, financial and legal support through our employee assistance programme.
- Financial awards through our refer a friend scheme.
To apply for our available roles, please visit: careers.uhs.nhs.uk or contact our recruitment team at email@example.com
Together, we care, innovate and inspire
To apply for this job please visit careers.uhs.nhs.uk.