Preparing Military: Past & Present
Top 5 Reasons to Join MRHQ
Just in case you didn't catch our previous posts about our latest video for Ex-Forces personnel, this video speaks volumes, and shows what we’re made of and what we continually do for The Armed Forces community whether they're still serving, or going through a civilian transition.Want to know more reasons why you should join MRHQ? Click below to find out.https://www.mrhq.co.uk/candidate-dashboard/join-mrhq/Also, take a look at our Facebook Group to see the best military banter to date, and to look at our recent jobs.https://lnkd.in/gNqE2KtPosted by Military Resettlement Headquarters - MRHQ on Wednesday, 7 February 2018
- Personality – self-motivated, focused, confident, enthusiastic, versatile, organised, resourceful, natural leadership skills
- Well-presented, articulate, able to liaise directly with clients & present a good company image, good meetings skills, diplomatic, customer-focused, and trustworthy
- Mobility – able to work on large projects anywhere in mainland UK ; additionally able to travel on a daily basis to a series of smaller scattered sites, as required
- Full driving licence (preferably clean)
Skill and Knowledge Required
- Skills – able to efficiently plan, allocate and direct resources (labour, plant and materials). Able to manage gangs of directly-employed labour (or manage through an Agent / General Foreman), or occasionally sub-contractors
- Medium-term (week to week) planning is a key activity
- Computer literate – proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook (E-mails) Microsoft Project (programming) experience preferred
- Conversant with current Health, Safety and Environmental procedures / systems of work
- Able to generate detailed Method Statements, Risk Assessments and other site documentation.
- Financially aware:
- Able to keep accurate records of site costs.
- Able to undertake measure for Payment Applications & evaluate works undertaken.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Ideally degree-qualified (preferably in Civil Engineering), min. 3 years site experience, with previous experience in this type of management role
- Experience in utilities sector beneficial, but not essential
- Alternative experience in drainage, road construction/maintenance
- Working knowledge of New Roads & Streetworks, experience in trench excavations (in fields and highways) and backfill / reinstatement.
- Experience in reinforced concrete foundations, troughing, ducting, excavations
- Example Qualifications – SMSTS (5-day Site Manager), NRSWA Supervisor, Temporary works Supervisor, HSG-47 awareness
Contact: 0330 043 2505
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.