Bringing differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible
If you’re in the forces and considering a change, then a career within GSK could be your next move…
GSK is a market leader in global healthcare. They research, develop and manufacture a broad range of pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare products; from asthma, oncology and HIV drugs to brands such as Sensodyne, Voltarol, Aqua Fresh, Horlicks, Panadol and Piritize.
GSK understands the value Armed Forces leavers can bring to their workplace. At GSK, you can use the skills you developed in the military to help GSK improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
Direct-entry jobs for armed forces
They are investing millions to transform the way they deliver healthcare to patients – all driven by their core values: patient-focus, transparency, respect for people and integrity – and they need you to help them to achieve this vision.
What you can bring to GSK:
- A commitment to their values of patient-focus, transparency, respect for people and integrity
- Excellent teamworking skills to join their production and warehouse teams.
- Proven management and leadership skills to lead, inspire, coach, develop and motivate their manufacturing and engineering teams.
- Engineering skills and problem solving ability to join their engineering and maintenance technician teams.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
With the above you can fit right in across GSK. You’ll have the added satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to deliver as efficiently as possible the high quality medicines and healthcare products that millions of patients and customers rely on every day.
Example jobs for Armed Forces:
- Production team manager
- Production operator
- Improvement practitioner (lean practitioner)
- Engineering technician
- Environment, health, safety and sustainability advisor
We are currently offering opportunities for exceptionally talented military leavers with proven leadership capability to join our executive-sponsored, Armed Forces Fast Track programme. This programme accelerates your pharmaceutical and healthcare business knowledge through a series of challenging experiences and development rotations in our engineering, operations or supply chain areas.
What you need to join the Armed Forces Fast Track programme:
- A proven record of leadership capability,
- An engineering / technical background
- Great team working skills
- Coaching / mentoring skills
- Values aligned to GSK; patient-focus, transparency, respect for people and integrity
What can this program offer you?
The Armed Forces Fast Track programme is designed to develop the future leaders of GSK. You will experience several rotations within their manufacturing or supply chain areas – which will enable you to quickly build your pharmaceutical and regulatory knowledge;
On the programme you can expect:
- Operational Management support roles – working on real projects while enabling you to develop your knowledge of GSK’s processes, functions and regulatory requirements
- Coaching or leading others to deliver improvements in their manufacturing facilities & supply chain.
- Development opportunities tailored to your needs that set you up for a successful career in GSK
- Senior leader mentorship to guide and shape your career choices.
- To be well rewarded with a competitive salary, share options, private health care, a pension plus other benefits.
What qualifications do you need to apply?
- A degree in an engineering discipline or military experience in engineering or supply chain.
- An excellent military service record with demonstrable leadership experience
- To be either a commissioned officer (with 5 – 8 years’ experience) or a non-commissioned officer.
- You are intending to leave the military within the next six months or have recently left (within the last 12 months).
To apply for this job please visit www.gsk.com.