This month marks the centenary of the formation of the Royal Air Force in 1918. The RAF have planned a summer of events that will rightly ‘Commemorate, celebrate and inspire’.
While it’s true to say that the RAF have been involved in some of the pivotal moments in British history, it’s also true that as an organisation, they’ve clearly got an immensely important role to play today and tomorrow. Indeed, as a Service-leaver, you too could be part of that, as the RAF pushes ahead with recruiting for Reservists.
Continue reading “RAF at 100”
The countdown to Reserves Day 2017 is on with only one week to go until the big day. Are you ready?
Next Wednesday 21 June we’ll be celebrating our Reserves Forces who have always played an essential role in our Armed Forces and make a vital contribution to protecting our nation’s security at home and overseas.
There are many ways to show your support for Reservists. You can get involved with our#SaluteOurForces campaign. From today until 26 June, you can tweet us your support for our Armed Forces with a picture of you and your team saluting our Forces and tag it @DRM_Support with the hashtag #SaluteOurForces. You can also download the toolkit for your own internal and external communications channels.
What’s included in your Reserves Day toolkit:
- Two editable posters: tailor with your own messages. Print and display to show your support for your Reservist employees, encourage them to wear their uniform at work on 21 June and/or invite staff in your organisation to attend your own Reserves Day event.
- Narrative and key messages: use this document to write celebratory articles for your own internal channels, create case studies, post Q&As and organise events.
- Email banner: use in your email signature during the month of June as an easy way to raise awareness about the value of Reservists.
- Social media banners: use on Facebook, Facebook events, Linkedin and Twitter during June
- Video: footage of our Reservists in action for your internal channels. If you wish to use it further please do get in touch.
Click here to open the Reserves Day Toolkit and download your resources.
Make sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for the latest Reserves Day updates.
Finally, we’d love to hear from you and receive your case studies and photos of Reservists working for you. Please send these to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The United Kingdom’s Reserve Forces are a vital component of our Armed Forces; contributing to the public good we call Defence. They have made, and continue to make, a significant contribution to the Nation’s defence and security. But the security challenges the UK will face in future are different from those of the past, and for which our Reserve Forces are currently structured
Read the original:
Future Reserves 2020 Consultation
Volume 3 of Joint Services Publication (JSP) 315: Services Accommodation Code deals with Reserves and Cadet Accommodation.
JSP 315 Sevices Accommodation code: Volume 3
An Army Reserves transport unit is trialling a new initiative aimed at getting unemployed people into work.
Follow this link:
Army Reserves unit trials new initiative to get people into work