Are you ready to explore your horizons
Personal development, career advancement or resettlement – whatever your destination, The Open University (OU) has the support, flexibility and qualifications to get you there.
There’s a reason why more than 1,500 Service personnel and their dependents are taking advantage of learning opportunities with the OU – and it has a little something to do with the following…
Let your experience do the talking
It doesn’t matter what rank you are, if you have any previous qualifications or if you’ve never written an essay in your life – the OU values experience, and you have a lot of it.
- Find a course that builds upon your skills, maximises your talents and helps you to achieve your future goals;
- Gain a globally recognised qualification that draws directly on your personal experiences and practical skills – and not your previous education; and
- Choose from more than 200 different qualifications and
- 400 unique modules to find an area of study that interests you.
See our full range of courses and qualifications in our online prospectus.
Visit: www.open.ac.uk/ request/prospectus
Study while deployed
Have the freedom to study whenever and wherever you want, with the OU’s flexible distance-style learning.
- Work your studies to fit around your shifts and postings, allowing you to work and learn at the same time;
- Complete your qualification at a pace that suits you – whether you’re studying an introductory, degree or post-graduate qualification; and take full advantage of today’s technology, by accessing all of your learning materials on the go using your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Find out more about the OU’s flexible learning styles on our Armed Forces website.
Visit: www.open.ac.uk/forces/ why-ou
Funding your degree
With funding, support and flexible payment options, you can achieve an accredited qualification without worrying about the costs involved.
- Use the MOD’s Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) to contribute towards the financial fees of personal or career development;
- Take advantage of the OU’s flexible payment options and financial support packages to spread out the costs; and
- Increase your earning potential by developing your skills, adding to your qualifications and improving your career prospects.
Visit: www.open.ac.uk/forces/ enhanced-learning-credits
Understand the financial support available to you by visiting our fees and funding page. Visit: www.open.ac.uk/ forces/why-ou/value
Get a qualification that matters
With more than 50 years’ experience, world-leading tutors and partnerships with leading companies, you’ll achieve a globally respected qualification that you can use for:
Lifelong learning starts now.
Are you ready to expand and interests up-to-date with our range of short courses, continued professional development workshops and postgraduate qualifications. Keep your skills, knowledge
You don’t have to be a civilian to gain civilian qualifications. Improve your knowledge, enhance your skills and boost your career with one of our fully accredited qualifications and courses.
Leaving the Forces is a big step – one that’s made all the more interesting, easier and successful with the OU. Start studying before you leave so that you can start building the future you’ve already earnt, ready to face the competition when you’re out there.
Dependents And, it’s not only Service personnel who can benefit from the OU. Dependents can also take advantage of the same flexibility, course choices and expert teaching to further their own careers and personal interests.
Find out what it’s like to study with us. Visit: www.open.ac.uk/ forces/studying-us
Be supported along the way
And the best part is that you’re never on your own with the OU. As world leaders in distance education, we have the support you need, every step of the way.
- Access our dedicated student support service for professional advice on learning, course choices and career guidance;
- Work with an expert tutor to receive all of the academic guidance and feedback you need to get you back into studying and top of your class; and
- Join a vibrant, supportive and enthusiastic student community, with members across the world.
Read more about our student support services.
Visit: www.open.ac.uk/forces/ why-ou/accessibility-and-support