These Work-Based Degrees Value Your Military Experience
Flexible Learning at Work degree programmes from the University of Portsmouth will give you a career-boosting qualification while you keep working full or part-time. And in many cases, your military training and experience counts as credit towards a qualification.
It’s great news if you want a degree but worry about the time commitment. Because credit from your military service could help you complete your studies more quickly. And with September and January starts available, you may not have to wait long to get studying.
Ideal for serving and former Forces personnel, Portsmouth’s programmes are specifically designed for busy working people.
So how does it work?
With learning built around your real work projects, you choose what you study based on your personal and professional aspirations.
You can also use the MOD’s ELCAS (Enhanced Learning Credits Administration Service) funding to pay for your studies on eligible courses.
Employers work with the University to inform course content, so you can be sure that what you learn is relevant and up-to-the-minute.
Adding to the flexibility, you can study from anywhere, in your own time.
You can choose from a wide range of courses:
- BSc (Hons) Applied Computing
- BSc (Hons) Applied Science
- BA (Hons) Business
- BA (Hons) Business and Computer Studies
- BSc (Hons) Creative Technologies and Enterprise
- BSc (Hons) Engineering Project Management
- BSc (Hons) Engineering Studies
- BSc (Hons) Engineering and Management Studies
- BSc (Hons) Maritime Studies
- BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons) Professional Studies (a great option if the subject you want to study isn’t listed above – this degree is tailored to suit you)
Discover more, browse courses and apply: port.ac.uk/study/studying-while-working