Veterans can face a complex mixture of health, housing, financial, family and social problems.
People often ask us what IS advocacy. Our short film explains what advocacy is and how our advocates can help you to get heard.
Posted by SeAp Advocacy on Tuesday, 13 March 2018
Our specialist advocates support veterans and their families, to help them access services which improve quality of life, health & wellbeing.
seAp has signed the Armed Forces Covenant to demonstrate our commitment to supporting the armed forces community and promoting understanding and awareness.
seAp seeks opportunities to develop this specialist area of advocacy further and to work closely with those involved with other military-focused organisations which support armed forces personnel and veterans. Benefits of working in partnership with seAp include:
- Your organisation will be able to offer independent advocacy to the service men and women you work with.
- By making advocacy available, you will be offering a more complete and holistic service.
- Advocacy support can lead to long-term improvements in an individual’s confidence and help them feel empowered to take control of their lives.
- Advocacy support can help the people you work with to achieve their goals and get the outcomes they desire in a way that works for them.
- Improved outcomes for service men and women will help to enhance the reputation of your organisation.
If you would like to find out more about our Military Advocacy work, please contact the seAp Business Development Team:
T: 0330 440 9000
Find out more at: www.seap.org.uk/services/mas