MJ Events Support provide staff to a range of different events. Therefore, the role of Event Security can vary depending on the type of event.
The primary role of all of our security roles is to assist with the delivery of an enjoyable and safe experience. We require our security to provide a high level of customer care and practical assistance. They are very much the ‘face’ of the event and it is therefore important that security present themselves in a positive and professional manner at all times.
The following tasks will be applicable to all roles in some way:
- Ensure the safety of guests at all times
- Being welcoming to guests
- Answering simple questions e.g. timings, location of toilets and other facilities.
- In the event of an emergency, assist as appropriate (specific instructions will be given in the briefing)
Event Venue or Festival Security
In addition, security duties might include:
- Searching procedures, including scanning people and checking bags
- Clear the site of guests at the end of the event
- In the event of an emergency, assist as appropriate e.g. in the case of a fire, direct guests to the designated safe location (instructions will be given in the safety briefing)
- Resolve issues such as crowd disturbances or alcohol licence issues.
- Be part of a response team around the site to react to any disturbances
- Support the steward team
Sporting Event Security
We often provide security to cycling/running/walking events.
Specific tasks might include:
- Keeping the route sterile by stopping spectators entering or crossing
- Support the steward team in crowd control in problematic areas
- Prevent spectators from climbing fences or barriers
- Be the eyes and ears on the route and radio event control with any issues, accidents or information
For all our security roles we are looking for someone who is or has:
- A current valid SIA Licence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with a range of issues
- A flexible and pro-active approach – roles will vary as demonstrated above
- Keen to provide a good service to our customers and represent our company
- Observant and vigilant
- Reliable and committed
- Trustworthy and honest
- Fantastic timekeeping
- Physically fit
To apply for this job please visit mjeventssupport.co.uk.