At Co-op Funeralcare and Life Planning, we’re shaping the future and setting new standards for our industry. Ceremonial drivers have an important role to play in delivering that service, and we have a number of part-time and full-time roles right now across the UK.
As a ceremonial driver, you’ll drive a limo or hearse on the day of the funeral and possibly help to bear the coffin of a client’s loved one. But this job’s about more than just driving. You’ll have to think and plan ahead, read situations and respond appropriately – using all your skills to make the day as easy as possible for everyone.
It’s a rewarding role with part-time hours that offer flexibility for you and our clients, as well as a competitive salary, 28 days’ holiday, and an annual incentive scheme and pension. It’s also deeply fulfilling, as you’ll get the chance to support people in your community when they need it most.
What you’ll do:
- drive our ceremonial vehicles at the time of the funeral following planned routes and time scales
- provide a professional and empathetic chauffer service to those travelling in your vehicle – taking into consideration their requirements throughout the journey
- maintain the vehicles – washing them before and after each funeral so they’re kept to the highest standards
- act as a coffin bearer on funeral ceremonies and respectfully deal with floral and other tributes
- check everything is as perfect as it can be before each ceremony for the deceased and their families
We’d love to talk to you if:
- you hold a clean UK manual driving licence (for at least 2 years if you’re based in Northern Ireland)
- you have a professional and caring approach
- you are able to take instructions and follow them to the letter
- you can adapt to changing situations calmly
- you take pride in your appearance
- you’re able to lift and have no health reasons to stop you doing so
- you understand that each and every funeral is unique
Visit https://jobs.coop.co.uk/funeralcare to search and apply now.
When you join the Co-op you’ll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a competitive salary, 28 days’ holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and a pension with up to 10% employer contributions.
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coop.co.uk.