Are you looking for a career and not just another job?
Are you looking for a career and not just ‘another job’? Perhaps one where you can make a real difference? Are you someone who is great with customers either on the phone or face to face? Do you have great levels of compassion and care about the people you come into contact with?
Training Salary starts at £17,787 to £20,448 dependant on NHS service and experience.
You will then attract the following unsocial hour’s allowance once you have completed your first 4 weeks training:
- All-time Saturday (midnight to midnight) and any weekday after 8pm and before 6am.
- All time on Sundays and Public Holidays (midnight to midnight)
- Time plus 37%
- Time plus 74%South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS) is a progressive, innovative and caring NHS Trust. We need employees who can stay professional under pressure and help people who call 999 in an emergency. Is this you?You…..
- Are highly motivated?
- Are passionate about high-quality patient care?
- Have excellent keyboard skills – can you be both quick and accurate?
- Have excellent communication skills and you have dealt with lots of different types of people?
- Are caring, compassionate and able to remain calm under pressure?
- Want a varied and challenging job?
- Are emotionally resilient and a good communicator?
- Want to work for an Ambulance Trust in the UK that has been rated ‘good’ by the Care Quality Commissioning group (CQC)?If you answer yes to the above questions then we would like to hear from you!In return, we can offer ….
- Training and support with a 4-week classroom based training course and then further time with mentors and coaches.
- A nationally recognised qualification in 999 emergency call prioritisation.
- Access to continual professional development.
- Access to apply for other educational qualifications.
- Occupational Health support along with an Employee Assistance Programme.
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Up to 41 Days Annual leave a year depending on Previous NHS Service (including bank holidays)
- NHS Discounts in over 200+ stores including Holidays, Days out, Car insurance, Retreatants and Clothing.The small printWe are offering part-time hours of 9.5 a week (one 9.5 hour shift a week) or 15 hours a week (two 7.5 hour shifts a week), and full-time hours (37.5 hours a week), you will be required to work shifts which could be 8 or 10 hours long.
You will be on the phone throughout your shift and working with multiple screens.
Shifts include evenings, nights and weekends. Bank holidays – including Christmas – are included within the rotas. The call centre is open 24/7, 365, so you need to be prepared to work any shifts.
You need to be over 18 to apply as you will need to work some night shifts.
If you demonstrate that you have the qualities and the experience that we are looking for, then you will be contacted to undergo a chat over the phone and then an interview and assessment in our offices.
All successful candidates who are offered a job with us will have to undertake clearance from the DBS (disclosure and barring service) and our Occupational Health department.
You will need to be able to commit to an 8-week full-time training programme (100% attendance is required to pass)
There are more details on the job description and person specification. Please read them both carefully before you apply.
If you would like to talk to a member of the recruitment team either call: 01869 365 000 or email email@example.com
Start Date of training course’s we are currently recruiting to: 19th November 2018
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.