The following listings provide a snapshot of what’s coming up over the next few weeks for Service-leaders who prefer direct contact with potential employers or training providers.
Step into Health : North East Foundation Trusts Insight Event
Ever thought about a career in the NHS? Come along to our Step Into Health Info event which is specifically for the Armed Forces community.Conducted through the NHS Employers’ Military Step Into Health programme, this event aims to provide Service Leavers, veterans and military spouses/partners with an insight into careers in the NHS in the North East, give details of current opportunities and offer advice and guidance on NHS job applications and interview preparation.
About this Insight DayCome along to the Step Into Health Information event which is specifically for the Armed Forces community.Step into Health is open to all service leavers, veterans and their families. It is an incredible opportunity in which employers are working with the Armed Forces community to provide career and development opportunities within the NHS.This information event will provide the opportunity to find out more about the different NHS organisations in the region as well as the work experience opportunities, job vacancies and training which may be of interest. It will also enable networking with NHS employers, partner organisations, employees and fellow service leavers.Whether you are interested in catering, maintenance, administration, finance, communications, management, or a role in one of the clinical services, to name but a few, this programme will benefit you.The NHS is keen to invite you to explore your transferable skills and the potential training and career opportunities available.
Attending this Step into Health Information Event will provide:
- An understanding of the NHS, its partners and the wide range of jobs available
- Advice on demonstrating how military skills and experience transfer to NHS jobs.
- Information on and applications for work experience placements within an NHS organisation.
- Information about recruitment processes in the NHS and how to access health-related educational pathways.
- Introductions to ex-service personnel working in NHS organisations who have the experience of making a successful transition from military to civilian employment.
The following NHS employers will be represented:
- South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumberland Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- NHS Business Services Authority
- North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
How to bookBook your place by clicking on the register link on the right or emailing email@example.com